Is treating yourself something you like to do? Sure, everyone loves a tasty chocolate dessert, but when one considers all the sugar inside a traditional dessert that won’t do much good for your body and skin, one tends to avoid treats altogether. Well, the good news is that there are healthy alternatives. Scroll down and try this tasty, easy-to-make, and, most importantly, healthy chocolate and date fudge recipe.
The Benefits of Eating Healthy Chocolate Desserts
With holidays coming up, people seem surrounded by tempting snacks and, of course, desserts. Undoubtedly, many tend to avoid such treats and stay mindful of waistlines and calorie counting. But things can be much easier with simple alterations to traditional dessert recipes.
As a matter of fact, desserts don’t have to be high in calories that promise to screw up a healthy diet. You can pick treats containing veggies or fruits, like pumpkin pies or mixed berry muffins. If you’re all about chocolate, you’ve come to the right place. Check out the recipe we’ve prepared for you:
Ingredients and Preparation Method
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 oz. pitted dates (Medjool is best, but others will do as well)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 oz. 70% dark chocolate, melted
- ⅓ c. hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon flaky salt
- Step 1: Spray an 8-by-8-inch pan with cooking spray. Add a baking sheet or parchment paper and leave it to overhang on both sides. Spray the paper.
- Step 2: Soak the dates in boiling water for roughly 10 mins, making sure to keep ½ cup of the liquid. Drain them and make a puree in a food processor, adding the reserved liquid, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the chocolate and puree once again until smooth.
- Step 3: Add the mixture to the preheated pan, and top with hazelnuts and salt. You’ll have to refrigerate them for at least two hours before cutting them to the desired shape. That’s it!
The Australian writer, comedian, and movie actress many may know as a great comedian – Rebel Wilson – has welcomed her first child, and after being absent from social media, she finally decided to share some news on what it’s all like!
Being a First-Time Parent
It’s never easy for first-time parents to take perfect care of their child and enjoy it all at the same time. But so many people manage because having a baby is such a blessing, and it turns new pages in everyone’s lives. Our beloved and hilarious actress shares her thoughts on being a parent to a gorgeous baby girl for the first time!
Rebel Wilson Feels Positive
In her Instagram feed, enjoyed by her countless fans, Rebel shares her positive outlook on first-time motherhood. She says she is thrilled to have this baby and that it’s a complete game-changer. After wanting a child for years, she welcomes daughter Royce Lillian and has taken quite well to motherhood, she explains!
Her Acting Career
Rebel Wilson may be enjoying all the wonders of motherhood at this time, but she’s not going to ignore her acting career in the slightest. She is set to appear in an Indie Film – The Almond and the Seahorse. She might be taking it slow at first, but you can be sure to see her back on screens soon!
Rebel Wilson may have slowed her role for the time being to spend time with her precious daughter, Royce Lillian, but that won’t last long. Rebel has a unique sense of humor and makes everyone laugh with her movie roles and comedic shows – she will surely continue!