The recipe is simple, but not the only one out there. There are quite a few variations for lobster rolls, but this one won’t disappoint. Here’s what you’ll need and how to make it.
Ingredients for Lobster Rolls
- 1 cup of chopped and cooked cold lobster meat – this can be from 2 1 ½ pound lobsters or 4 ounces of cooked meat per person
- 2 hot dog rolls, split (or your choice of bread rolls)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of celery, diced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh finely chopped parsley
- Softened butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare the Lobster Rolls
- Making the lobster rolls starts with the filling. In a bowl, mix the lobster meat with the mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set it aside or store it in the fridge, covered, until it’s ready to be used.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and butter both sides of the hot dog rolls, or your break rolls of choice. Grill the rolls in the skillet on both sides until they’re golden brown.
- Evenly divide the lobster mixture into the two rolls and serve immediately.
Lobster rolls can be served with chips, fries, pickles, roasted potatoes, and more. You can make prepping even easier by making the lobster mixture ahead of time, and then all you’ll have to do is assemble the rolls as needed. You’ll be left with a delicious dinner option that will require minimal prep time.